The San Bernardino Community College District sent the following message to students, faculty, and staff on March 29, 2021.
We are deeply troubled by the escalating discrimination against the Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community since the COVID-19 pandemic changed our daily lives.
Everyone here at the San Bernardino Community College District stands in solidarity with those who are facing racial prejudice, verbal abuse, harassment, and even physical violence.
However, it’s not enough to condemn acts of hate. We must take action to root out the xenophobia that has contributed to recent attacks against our AAPI friends, neighbors, colleagues, and loved ones.
We all play a role in building a welcoming community where each of us is safe, valued, and respected. To take action to address anti-Asian violence in our community, we invite you to:
1) Learn how to intervene to stop Anti-Asian/American harassment
- Monday, April 5 at 10 a.m. Register Here
- Tuesday, April 6 at 11 a.m. Register Here.
- Wednesday, April 7 at 12 p.m. Register Here.
- Thursday, April 8 at 10 a.m. Register Here.
- Wednesday, April 14 at 3:30 p.m. Register Here
- Thursday, April 29 at 12 p.m. Register Here
2) Learn how to respond to harassment for people experiencing Anti-Asian/American harassment
3) Make new friends and build community by participating in the 2021 Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month Celebration hosted by Crafton Hills College.
- AAPI Heritage Month Kick-Off Ceremony — Tuesday, May 4 at 12 p.m. Register Here.
- Demystifying Mental Health Part 1 — Thursday, May 6 at 12 p.m. Register Here.
- Demystifying Mental Health Part 2 — Tuesday, May 11 at 12 p.m. Register Here.
- Documentary & Discussion: Larry Itliong and Filipino farmworkers’ role in the United Farmworkers Movement — Wednesday, May 12 at 12 p.m. Register Here.
- AAPI Heritage Month Closing Ceremony — Tuesday, May 18 at 12 p.m. Register Here.